To get running in the JSCC, you will need to satisfy the following criteria:
- Be between the ages 14-17
- Be a fully paid up member of the BARC and hold a valid membership card
- Hold a valid race license, issued by the MSA – How to obtain a race license
- Be registered for the championship. – Registration form
Once the basic criteria has been met, you will then need:
- A car
- Protective clothing (helmet, overalls, gloves, boots etc.)
- To register for race entry – Entry form
If you need any help with the second set of criteria, please contact the JSCC Co-ordinator, who may be able to recommend a car for sale or a team to run with.
Many of the teams have cars available for drivers, they will look after your car, and help you to achieve the optimum setup over the weekend. Some offer driver tuition, to help you get to grips with the different tracks. They will often will have access to discounts for protective clothing too.
You can also build your own car to the regulations and look after the car yourself.