The Clio’s predominantly occupy the garages, but BARC set aside 5 garages (23-27) for JSCC.
Note Garage 27 shares the exit route for the pitlane – (an oversight when the new garages were built).
Stuck between a rock and a hard place, with not enough (small) garages for everyone Northstar Motorsport Ltd assigned the garages to teams building/running multiple cars in the JSCC.
These teams often support other competitors in the paddock, and are usually the first point of call for those looking for spare parts or help. More often, they are also the last to leave.
Northstar appreciate the support and help from all the competitors in the paddock, and wish everyone a successful weekend.
Due to unexpected demand for testing on Friday 14th August we have now had to separate the closed wheel group into two units.
Logically this means the juniors will now have their own session.
A timetable can be found here, however the track time will remain the same for all drivers, ie 4 x 30 minute sessions for those booking a full day.
· Please take time to read the Track margin limits and rules – these will be enforced on all test and track days.
· Registration will be at Chequers Restaurant from 08.00-09.30. Registration after this time will be at the Fogarty Moss. Centre. Registration for the PM only will be from 12.30 in the Fogarty Moss Centre.
· Due to a private event, access to the circuit will be after 17.30 on Thursday 13 August.
· Please ensure that vehicle movement is kept to a minimum around the venue. The venue imposes a speed limit of 10MPH.
· At registration all drivers will be required to show their race licences for inspection.
· MotorSport Vision Ltd reserves the right to cancel a booking at any time and for any reason, in which case the option either to re-book to a further date or make a full refund will be offered.
· For the avoidance of doubt the maximum limit will be 105 dBa for Saloons or 108 dBa for Single Seaters measured at 0.5m at a 45 degree angle with engine running at ¾ maximum revs.
· Please note that all vehicles will be subject to static noise check before they are allowed on circuit. This will be in the collecting area at the end of the pit lane from 0900 and a pass sticker will be issued once successfully completed. Please arrive in plenty of time to avoid losing any track time.
· Although Oulton Park are not operating to a specific drive-by noise limit, we nevertheless monitor drive-by levels, and if the results of the monitoring show that a particular vehicle is generating drive-by levels appreciably higher than vehicles with comparable static test results, then we reserve the right to notify the participant, following which, the relevant participant must not take any further part in the event until he/she has reduced the noise levels generated by the vehicle to bring them within acceptable limits as established by further static or drive-by testing.
· Vehicles that generate excessive ‘backfire’ noise during gear shifts will be monitored closely and may be prevented from further participation if the noise is considered to be excessive. If the backfire noise can be reduced by remapping, track activity may be resumed following further evaluation of the problem.
· Should your car suffer a mechanical engine failure, please do not attempt to drive back to the pits. You must immediately pull off the circuit into a safe position such that we can arrange for you to be recovered. We have recently suffered several significant losses in track time due to oil being deposited around the circuit and it is imperative we avoid a repeat of these situations.
If competitors require any championship graphics or otherwise from J1 Graphics, before the Snetterton meeting (including post Oulton damage), please could they make it known before noon on Wednesday 19th August.
Please contact: Dave Beecroft: email@example.com, 07970 919371
or Andy Marshall: firstname.lastname@example.org, 07876 711756
Were afraid J1 Graphics are otherwise engaged from the 19th August to the 6th September, and will not be attending the Snetterton rounds.
Normal service will resume on the 7th September.
Oulton Park are once again entertaining running JUNIOR ONLY sessions during the test on Friday.
There are currently 8 drivers who’ve registered interest with Gemma at Oulton Park.
If they reach 10, they will run the sessions.
Oulton Park appreciate this is a U-turn decision on their part.
If you wish to participate, please contact Oulton Park directly on 01829 760301
There will be tyre support available on Saturday at Brands Hatch, please make sure to contact Steve Polley at Polleysport on: 01354 688111 to make sure he brings enough tyres for your requirements.
Also for graphics, please make sure you contact Andy Marshall at J1Graphics or leave a message on 07876 711756 for championship or other graphical requirements.
Please find the Draft timetable for Oulton Park in the Calendar section.
Thanks to Oulton Park, there is now a FREE JSCC practice session in the morning.
Please contact Oulton Park ASAP if you intend to test on the Friday. – Due to lack of interest, the Oulton Park Exclusive Junior sessions have been cancelled, you can still test, but you must be accompanied by an A or S grade ARDS Instructor.
Timetable updated for Brands Hatch, and Final Instructions added in the Calendar section.
We will be publishing a garage allocation later this week.
If you have booked a garage for Friday testing, please let us know, and we will try our best to keep you in the same garage for the weekend.